Friday, March 14, 2008

Costa Rica day 64 Mar. 12


Wow less than 2 weeks to go. Today we walked to the West end of the beach to hopefully do some more snorkelling. Nada. The water was pretty rough and there were a lot of rocks in the way to get to open water (and I have tender feet.) Low tide was at noon and we had left at 9 so we wandered back after Jo spent an hour looking for treasures in the tidal pools. Came home with some abalone shells and a blue crab sighting. Made a quick lunch and then it was into the water for me for an hour or so. Waves are still pretty big. Jo sat in the hammock and updated her journal. The power was off today from 8 a.m. until about 3:30 so I dozed in the hammock. I've been getting about 4 hours a day in the water and sun which is enough at one time. I should be back to my black self by the time we leave here.
This was our night out for supper so we asked Tone (the Norwegian translator) to join us. She suggested a Mexican restaurant about a quarter of a mile East on the beach. Had a great meal and a couple of beer and then came back by way of the beach. The tide isn't quite so high tonight and we'd put on bug spray to ward off the sand fleas (or the bloody man eating cockroaches that come out at dusk). Last night on the way back from supper they tried to eat my feet off. Talk about an itch! They went hungry tonight and we came back all intact. It's now 8:54 p.m. and time to call it a day.
Jo and i were talking about what a great place this would be for the kids and grandkids to see. We were also wondering what will we do next year. We've seen pretty much everything Costa Rica has to offer and although this is a great place I think I'd get bored just laying around here for an extended period of time. One of my dreams has been to see the Tonga Islands via boat.. Maybe that's an option for next year. Rent a sailboat and cruise the islands. Live on the boat, snorkel all day and explore the islands. We'll have to look into that. It would also mean getting an underwater housing for my camera as the water and reefs there are supposed to be incredible. We haven't found calm enough water here for good snorkeling. It just occurred to me that I've been spelling snorkeling wrong for the last two months. Forgive me for those of you literate enough to have noticed.
Well that's a wrap for today. Tomorrow is a shopping day in the village and then some more of the same.
LINK OF THE DAY
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30765&l=7ed6a&id=680056043

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker