Friday, February 15, 2008

Costa Rica day 32 Feb. 9


According to the snorkelling guides it's still not a good day to snorkel so we headed back into the park and just veg'd on the beach. Saw some white crabs, millions of ants going about their business and some howlers. Big surf. Jo went in for a few minutes and I stayed in the shade and dozed. When we decided to come back home I was fried on my head and I'd been in the shade all day!
We stopped at a shop where the famous 90 year old folk singer Walter Ferguson lives. His songs all revolve around life here in Cahuita. Jo and I first heard his music at Playa del Sol and it's part Spanish part English and part Caribb. We bought a cd of his music and left it with the lady in the hopes she would get him to autograph it. We'll pick it up tomorrow and I plan to use it as background music when I compile my pictures onto a dvd.
We made sandwiches for our lunch today which was a nice change. Found some real good heavy wheat bread, some processed ham, cheese, and tomatoes. Had that for supper to and then I hit the sack early as the beach burned me out.
LINK OF THE DAY http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28410&l=0584f&id=680056043

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker